Week 3 Announcements
- The second Book Club meeting of the quarter will be held on Saturday, January 30th at 5pm
- Feel free to contact our librarian Jenn for more information, or go to the Book Club Facebook group HERE
One Shot Night
- An event where we all come together for 3 hours to play single session table top RPGs!
- This quarterly tradition is a TON of fun, and lets you get your feet wet playing systems you've never tried before, or just stick with what you know in interesting scenarios.
- The event will take place Tuesday of Week 5 (February 2nd)
- We need GMs! The event can't run without GM's of course, and GMing is a ton of fun! We've got plenty of experience GM's within Enigma if you're interested but not sure where to start. If that's the case, contact our President Mason and he'll set you up with some resources/pointers. Either way, if you're interested in GMing you should contact our Administrative Coordinator Anastasia
- Enigma is going to see Akira! This classic animation is a ton of fun and super cool!
- The movie will be this Friday on the 22nd of January, at the Nuart Theater at 11pm. You can find the Facebook event HERE
LA Board Game Jam
- This just in from breaking sources of board game awesomeness:
Are you a fan of board games and meeting new people? Have you ever thought about designing a board game or curious what it takes? Or interested in play testing some new games?
If so, come check out LA Board Game Jam on January 30th at the Pasadena campus. The Game Jam consists of a board game design competition running simultaneously with 12 hours of open game play where gamers of all levels can come to meet fun people and learn a few new board games.
The Game Jam competition is a timed creative exercise where teams of 3-5 people have just five hours to brainstorm, design, test, and complete a prototype board game. Each team is given an identical set of materials and a surprise theme to use as a starting point. After time expires the games are judged by other teams, outside players, and the official judges. The top three highest rated games are then announced and prizes awarded. It’s like Iron Chef for board games! (All prototypes are 100% owned by the designers.)
For those interested in a more relaxed gaming experience, everyone is welcome to come and enjoy 12 hours of open board gaming. Stop by to learn a new game, buy something for your collection from our partner The Board of Games, or help play-test one of the competitor games.
Regardless of your experience level, it will be a great day of gaming action with new and existing friends!